17 December 2008

More Randomness...

Christmas Season
This year, Kelly & I have been super busy, so when things don't get done when I think they should, or life seems just a little crazy, I have tried to adopt the idea of just enjoy the season anyway.
When we cut down a tree and it sits in the garage for a few days, then we get it inside and then it has only lights on for a week, enjoy it anyway. When the Christmas cards I promptly ordered December 2nd, are still trickling out one by one, enjoy it anyway. When I am stuck at home without four wheel drive on my one free day to finish errands, enjoy it anyway. When a lady at work talks to me like I all of a sudden don't speak English, just because she overheard another guy and I talk about the Tlingit language cds he burned me, enjoy it anyway. When said lady announces very loudly and akwardly to all around us, "oh, it's an ethnic thing," smile and enjoy it anyway. When radio stations choose to only play the same 4 Christmas songs over and over, sing along and enjoy it anyway.
Today I am sitting toasty in my sweats, debating on braving the cold just to make it to the mailbox and maybe make it all the way down to the gym. Not feeling guilty for not running around here and there, looking out at all of the wintery weather, not very often does Washington look like such a winter wonderland. So, why not enjoy it anyway.

1 comment:

Me... said...

good additude :) I wish it looked like a winter wonderland here! it was great to talk to you the other day, missing you...