15 January 2010

Family Room:

I've spent the last couple of days shopping and researching for Baby Girl's room, although I don't have pics of her room (yet) to post, I thought I'd share a little picture from the room that we have been making progress on...
Last weekend Kelly and I rearranged our family room, it is far from ready for a big reveal, but we are enjoying the lay out much much more. We went from both couches sitting perpendicular to the fireplace, to one perpendicular and the other parallel. It feels larger, yet more comfy at the same time!
With the fresh layout I felt a new excitement about getting some color and decor up. I fell in love with a rug at Crate & Barrel, unfortunately it was about $500.00 over what I wanted to spend! I was thinking that the rug was going to be the big challenge in the room, something I would have to seriously bargain hunt for... Until while shopping for Baby Girl I found this very similar rug for $130.00! Oh yes, thank you TJ Maxx, I was thrilled. I didn't even care how ridiculous I looked running through the rainy parking lot akwardly carrying this big ol' rug. (Don't worry, it wasn't too heavy, so even my prego self could handle it).

2 comments:

ZC said...

When I move out, im hiring you as my interior decorator..or else my house is gonna look ridiculous haha...

(oh, and i got my blog up as u can see, no posts yet, but tell me what you think so far!)

-Zach

Me... said...

I like it alot, can't wait for the big reveal :)