22 June 2010

Life is good, we are tired, but it truly is a blessing to be able to care and love on our little Georgiana! We had a very full weekend, which resulted in a very chill last few days.
Kelly enjoyed celebrating his first Father's Day, and as you can see he is quite smitten over his little daughter:
We headed to Tiffany & Ben's for a Father's Day bbq, and I must say these two parents look pretty amazing for taking care of newborn twins!
A little Taye talk...
Taye: These things are a lot of work to take care of.
Tiffany: What things?
Taye: The babies.
----
He also recently told my Grandma that "these things come with a lot of rules."
---
While I was attempting to feed Georgie under the Hooter Hider, which felt much more like a baby sauna than anything else, Taye saw her little feet sticking out and asked with a bit of concern in his voice... "When are you going to let her out of there?"
---
Taye is also a pro at soothing babies. Baby G was starting to cry when I put her in her carseat, Taye quickly came to her rescue. He said/sang "Georgiana" and then gently rocked her seat. I was quite impressed, he could tell, and then gave me instructions... "first you say her name, then you rock her." I started to rock her and asked "like this?" and he said... "first you have to say her name." I did and she was settled. Love it.

The "Triplets" Ryder, Georgiana, Hana:
On Saturday we went to my cousin Makenzie's graduation party. Georgiana was such a sweetheart, and graciously let people hold her. She especially loves time with her Papa! She is wearing her tutu outfit that Makenzie bought for her and Hana.

And, some beautiful pictures of Makenzie from her Senior Dance Show. Being able to go to her dance show was one of the blessings for going past my due date. I still get tears in my eyes looking at these pictures, and no, it's not the hormones, even a certain male got a little misty eyed watching her.
She performed her Senior solo to the following song:
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence,
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing Halelluja,
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

Not only was her performance beyond beautiful, but Kelly (without bias of course) firmly stated "she was the best dancer out there."
And I couldn't agree more!
It makes me want to cry (again) thinking about the fact that I had to miss her graduation (it was the Saturday after my Wednesday c-section), but I will never forget her performance. It was a blessing to watch.
Oh how I love my cousins, they are like sisters to me. Makes me excited for Georgie and her cousins!



Ok, I'm off to go cuddle my baby girl some more! I keep thinking, she won't be this little forever, so I like to soak up every second. I'm exhausted, but still in awe of my little one.

1 comment:

Me... said...

she's so beautiful! I love that you used the green bench for the background :) I miss you and miss baby girl!