22 October 2013


Daddy is home!!!
I don't want to just write, I am tired...
Because, in six months, a year or two years, I don't want to just read over and over again about how tired I am! So, what shall I say??
Well, to be honest I feel a little overwhelmed by how behind I am on blogging. I just uploaded a LOT of pictures from my phone, after looking through them I don't even know where to begin. My babies are growing, faster than I can blog. Levi is 13 months old, 30" long 20 lbs, which puts him in the 50th percentile for height and 10th for weight. Yep, he's a little guy. I shall add a very strong, can palm mini basketballs, little guy. In addition to palming balls, he also eats them. In an attempt to help Levi get over his I want to hold a dolly like sister addiction, I gave him a nerf style football to hold in the car. Upon arriving at our destination, I found a very chewed up ball with no crumbs, not one. Funny, because he is the sweetest yet messiest eater I have ever seen in his high chair, yet he does not leave a trace behind when it comes to eating inedible objects.
Little Levi walks. When he feels like it, he walks quite well, upwards of 15 steps. This morning, Georgiana announced, "the whole family is walking now!" Other times, he falls down after half a step. Sunday, while I was helping out at church, he fell down so hard it left his collared shirt stained with blood. Kelly and Georgiana were at home with him and he face planted on the hardwood floors. Swollen lip, cuts, and the most pathetic little face I've ever seen. 
As for big sister, Georgiana Lee, she is "awesome!!" That is how she describes school. She loves loves loves school and that makes me happy, happy, happy. (Can you tell I've watched a Duck Dynasty episode or two?) Kelly was gone last week for training in Indiana, side note: I am SO thankful he does not have to travel normally for work, friends and family with traveling husbands I thought of you loads last week, you are super moms. Anyway, one evening we were talking to Kelly and Georgiana was telling him about the water she got from Taco Time "Dad, it is ginormous! It is just ridiculous, not Georgie size..." Her vocabulary cracks us up! I have a list of Georgie girl quotes on my phone, here go a few:
"Mom, I outgrew my potty seat (the kind that go on the big toilet)! I feel blessed."

"Momma, would you like to try some roast beef gum? I can get you some from upstairs, I don't mind. (in a side whisper "it's pretend") And, if you swallow it, you don't even have to go to the hospital!"

While driving to school.
"I need to trim my eyelashes. They are just getting too long. My udder (other) hair is getting caught in them." 

"Momma, you better order two things of gyoza, because Levi is going to pound them!"

While showing Kelly pictures from her pumpkin patch field trip.
"And, that's Lucas. He's my husband."
Kelly: "I was not ready to hear that!" 

While shopping at Hobby Lobby.
"Oh momma, that's a cute neti pot!" (while pointing to a tea pot).

***
Honesty.
I still haven't mailed the thank you notes from Levi's party, it eats at me daily. 
I may have used my sheet to wipe my nose last night. Sleep deprivation results in disgusting moment.
Levi is teething, which means he is nocturnal. I don't know what else to say about that, sometimes it just feels better to share it.
The other night I made homemade spaghetti and I told Kelly how much I miss cooking, it has been a LONG time since I've done much in the kitchen. I seriously only warm up food. This too shall pass.
I am behind on emails, messages and voicemails. 
Yet, my phone is driving me insane and feel like I am on it way too much. I need to come up with a system that will work for me. Kelly is not attached to his phone at all. It drives his friends nuts, they have often complained about the lack of a quick response from him. I love that he doesn't feel obligated to reply to everything at the drop of a hat. He's responsible but has a balance about him, he doesn't even have Facebook. Refreshing. 
I am loving doing my first Lysa Terkeurst Bible study (Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl), but I fear I need the prequel as I am so seriously behind I am not even a good Bible study girl, hard to become more than that. Learning to have grace on myself, tough, very tough.
There's more, a lot more, but I am going to crawl into bed and pray for some sleep. 
I leave you with a link to a song we sung at church on Sunday, it's been replaying in my mind ever since. I love it!
Lord, I need You by Matt Maher
Link HERE.
I find it much more comforting than the song with the lyrics "a thousand times I've failed," not to knock that song, but a thousand just isn't enough. Oh how I need Him every moment. I am SO thankful He is available every moment. 

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." - The Bible, Jeremiah 29:13



Coloring welcome home pictures for Daddy. 
Daddy's home!!
Woo Hoo! Time to paint some pumpkins!

Oh dear.

Don't judge. You know you love a chicken bake :) Life with tiny babies. #, truth time, I have no idea what the whole "#" is about. I am not a twitter gal, gasp!

Yes, I was runny nosey and coughing while daddy was gone, and sister got an ear infection. 

Sister was not feeling well.

Either was Levi.

But, she still managed to color a beautiful masterpiece for Grandma Grandma. Not a typo, she calls my Grandma, "Grandma Grandma."

Georgiana, Grandma Grandma, Taylor Swift.

Trying to hide with a blueberry stained face!

Levi: I will smile as soon as my mom takes this hat off!
Georgiana: If I smile will you please just leave me alone so I can play??

We've got hot dogs to grill momma!
Yep.

And, painting Grandma Grandma's fingers. Please notice I didn't say finger NAILS. Grandma is a trooper of all troopers and thank the Lord for polish remover. One seriously happy Georgiana. Yesterday Levi was saying "Ga Ga," and Georgiana said "Oh, do you miss Grandma Grandma? We can go over to her house for lunch." :)


No comments: