07 September 2010

We did it!

Kelly, Georgiana and I all survived!!!
Yesterday morning, I held my little sleeping baby in my arms and bawled as I said goodbye. But, thankfully I pulled it together on my drive to work and managed to get through the day with dry eyes. I clung to the verses in the post below, and I can honestly tell you that it was only the Lord dumping peace on me that got me through the day. There was a very brief moment that I almost felt guilty for how calm I was. Then I remembered that that peace was a blessing! Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. I am so thankful that the first day is over! I don't have to go back until Friday late afternoon, and after that I will be working in the evening so hopefully Miss Georgiana Lee will sleep most of the time I am gone. It helped that with each phone call to Kelly, he and Georgiana were doing great! They even ventured out and had a special treat waiting for me at home :)
Take a wild guess what it was...
Yes, a doughnut. Oh, but not just any doughnut, it is my new fav. A Bavarian Cream filled one with chocolate frosting and white chocolate shavings.
While out and about they ran into my Aunt Michelle, Uncle Roger and cousin Makenzie. So much fun!
Along with phone calls, Kelly also texted (do you say text or texted???) me pictures throughout the day. My sweet girl was smiling away in each one, wearing the cutest little number ;) Kelly was very proud of the ensemble he put together. A colorful onesie with little animals all over it, pink and magenta striped capris, complete with purple and black mary jane style socks... yep :)
By the time I got home the garage door couldn't open fast enough, I literally ran to Georgie. My arms felt so empty all day, they ached for her.
Kelly casually said, "today was one of the greatest experiences of my life."
I think we are going to get through this. One experience at a time.

6 comments:

The Browne Family said...

Nicole, I so glad everyone's first day without Mommy was a success! I remember crying every morning as I left for work when Wesley was a baby...I know its hard! But how incredibly special that baby G gets to spend special time with Daddy! Praying God continues to bring you peace through each and every day!

Me... said...

that's so sweet that kelly sent you pictures throughout the day :) Scott said she was all smiles when he saw her!
You are a wonderful mommie and doing what you need to do right now, So glad you felt the peace of God during those long hours...
Love you, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

I love that they got you a doughnut, was it from Legendary doughnuts ? I love that place! I have been eating way to many doughnuts lately, but I just love em...

Way to go kelly, what a great time for the two of you.

e said...

awww, i love this report!! and i want to eat some doughnuts with you! :)

Lindsey said...

love this. xo

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Congratulations on getting through. Although I cannot imagine what it must have been like, but it must be wonderful to know you have a great husband who is such a caring dad. And it won't be long before your little one jumps into your arms at the end of the day (as mine does into his dad's arms!).

Our growing family said...

Oh, so glad to hear that you all are doing well!!!!
Goodness...I love each and every photo below! She is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen, so don't feel proud if you think so too-SHE IS! =)
So glad I get to see online pics and watch her grow! =)
Love to you!