07 February 2011

Menu Monday!


Last week we ate out way too much, some was fun, leisurely and tasty, and then there was a McDonald's dollar menu run and some random just grab and eat stuff. One of the tasty treats was eating out at Pagliacci Pizza in Bellevue. I love Pagliacci Pizza, takes me back to days of being a student up at the UW and grabbing a slice or more. I could not believe Kelly had never had it, it bewildered me!?! Remember the movie All Dogs Go to Heaven... Remember how the toppings slid off the pizza and the cheese looked perfectly melted and delish. That is what it is like.

We also hit up Top Pot Doughnuts for some maple bars. They were free, how could we resist!?! One of Kelly and my favorite things to do is go look at model homes. Yes, I realize this may sound weird. But, we have been doing it since we got married and started looking for our first home. I love it when they are staged, you can get some great decorating ideas. It has also helped us know the market when we are actually house hunting (don't worry, we do not have plans of packing up anytime soon, it is simply for entertainment now). So, you can imagine how delighted we were to go for a tour of some high end condos and then get a certificate for two doughnuts, it was too perfect!
But, the best meal last week was probably lunch at my Grandma's. Even my Grandma's leftovers beat All Dogs Go to Heaven pizza. Grandma's homemade macaroni and cheese, all beef sausages, and garlic bread with the perfect amount of garlic. Followed up by a big slice of coconut cream pie, courtesy of Marie Callendar's. As my Grandma says, Marie makes a good pie.

Now for this week:
Monday: Bible Study Italian Potluck!

Tuesday: Teriyaki Chicken, Brown Rice, Green Beans

Wednesday: My Grandma's Meatloaf (recipe on it's way), Spinach Salad, Baked Potatoes

Thursday: Salmon (seasoned with dill, kosher salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, evoo), Rice Pilaf (from a box), Caesar Salad

Friday: tbd

Saturday: Rosemary Chicken Burgers with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli (from Ali's blog). I hate mayo, but call it Aioli and I usually eat it, and enjoy it, ridiculous I know :) And Sweet Potato Fries, thank you Danica for teaching me how to make them!

No comments: