23 February 2012

One more thing...

Yesterday, my phone took a bath in milk from a spilled sippy in my purse. So, I have a new phone and do not have any of my old contacts. So, PLEASE text me or email me or messenger pigeon me your phone number.

Oh, and if you have any tips for cleaning a soggy purse and drenched wallet, I am all ears...

My wallet smells like an elementary school cafeteria. I held it up to my friend Kea, and said "Please tell me why I bought this!?!" My wallet is one of the nicest accessories I currently own, ridiculous and true. Today we were at the bank and when I handed the employee my driver's license, I apologized because it was damp. Oh my word, I am disgusting.

I need to realize that I am in the stage of life where a ziploc gallon bag is way more practical than a pricey wallet. So, if you see me at the grocery store pulling out a ziploc bag full of money, don't worry, I haven't completely lost my mind. I'm just the pregnant, aka absent minded, oops I forgot to put a 'stopper' in the milk sippy, mommy of a sweet little toddler.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

the EXACT same thing happened to me about a month ago. My amazing coach purse smells of pudrid organic milk (Which I SWEAR smells worse once sour than non-organic milk...I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing). For the purse, I soaked the lining in a bath of vinegar, let it dry then cleaned it out with regular fabric cleaner. For all of my cards and my ID that were INSIDE the purse, I hand washed them all with soap then laid them out on a towel to dry (My ID wasn't damp when I handed it to someone, it SMELLED...I'll take damp over someone thinking I'm SO gross my cards stink any day), as for the wallet? In my case, I had to say goodbye to it...I PROBABLY could have gotten some leather cleaner and gone to town, but ugh, I was just so OVER the whole thing by the time I got around to trying to clean it, I gave up and am now using a coin purse for my wallet...I define DISORGANIZED! GOOD LUCK!