07 February 2016

Good Morning!

I recently heard someone older and wiser talking about obedience and behavior, he said "we shouldn't be so concerned about what our kids are not hearing us say, we should be concerned about what they are hearing us say." They really are little sponges! Little Levi is always watching his big sister too. This was the morning after Georgiana's cheer performance. They came and snuggled in our bed before I had to head out to church. I love these little cuddle bugs!!
 Levi thinking, what's sister doing?
 Oh, we're showing our hands! (she wanted to show her purple and gold nail polish from the night before).
 Laying them down like this, I got it!
 What's this? Oh, pointing to our lip like so. (Georgiana was wiggling her loose tooth).
Be careful little eyes what you see. So true, right now and always. 
While at Costco today, Kelly took Levi to the bathroom and when they came out, Levi announced for the entire store to hear, "I went potty standing up!!" Followed by an equally excited announcement, "And so did daddy!" 
The young employee putting her purse into her locker near us, just about folded in half laughing. Levi's chest was puffed up and he was grinning from ear to ear. I'm pretty sure she knew she was sharing in a very proud moment. Way to go buddy!! He wants to be just like daddy.
These last few weeks, the 'S' in my prayer time (see the post a few back about TACOS prayer), has been Lord please help me to be a godly example to Georgiana and Levi. I have many Lakeside Bible Camp memories of singing, "It is the cry of my heart to follow You, it is the cry of my heart to be close to You, it is the cry of my heart to follow all of the days of my life. Teach me Your holy ways oh Lord, so I can walk in Your truth. Teach me Your holy ways oh Lord and make me wholly devoted to You..." It really is the cry of my heart. I am SO tempted to search my heart and dwell on my mistakes and my shortcomings, this old camp song reminds me to keep my eyes off myself and fix my eyes on Christ. It makes me want to seek God with all my heart. What does that look like? Well, that could be answered in many different ways. One way I am trying to actively work seeking Him, is being in the Word more, which means reading my Bible more. Not just a fluffy idea of wouldn't that be great to do that... But, a plan, a goal. I'll blog more about how that goes after this week. With these cuties sleeping fairly consistently, it's time for me to do what I've been daydreaming about for years. The time has come to set an alarm and rise and shine before my early birds arrive. It's been years since my Bible/prayer time has been a "quiet time," it's been a where/when can I squeeze it in time. 
Speaking of time, it is well past my bedtime.
Jeremiah 29:13
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

1 comment:

Sarah Beilke said...

Nicole,
I so enjoy reading your blog! Your children are beyond words adorable. Thank you for sharing all your creativity, love, and heart for the Lord. It is so encouraging! Love to you! Xo