18 February 2010

and the 3rd post of the day...

Some pictures of the progress in Baby Girl's Room:
We bought her bookshelf and dresser at Costco. They are from the Cafe Kid Abbey furniture collection. And, I just received an email that her crib has arrived. It is the Graco Lauren Crib, we ordered it from Walmart and used the free site to store shipping. I'm very excited to pick it up. Well, Kelly will actually pick it up, and get it set up in her room! He is the contractor and manual labor in operation Baby Girl's Room.

And, this next room picture because I was trying to get a better picture of the paint color. It looked so grey in the other nursery post, it is more blue ish in real life...
Below, is one of my craft projects from last week. We weren't really finding any mobiles that we liked, so I decided to make some flower balls (I wish I had a more eloquent name to call them) to hang above her crib. For now, they are just hanging in her closet.
With some of the leftovers, and a few new supplies, I decided to make Baby Girl and her Baby Girl Cousin some hats and headbands. I started going a little crazy, but they were so easy and I couldn't help but think of how cute the girls will look in them. My favorites are the pink flowers on the black headbands. Don't look too closely Tiff, you'll be opening them up at your shower :)

I also did some more neutral colors, like the yellow, so that Baby Girl Cousin can wear a yellow (or blue) hat with a ginormous flower on it, and Baby Boy Cousin can wear a plain yellow or blue hat. I was going to try and somehow embelish a boy hat, but that is a slippery slope. I don't have much self control when it comes to a few stitches and the glue gun, so I've decided simple is best for Baby Boy and his hats.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love all 3 of your posts (just finished my Taco Time meal...thanks for the idea!), especially baby girl's room! Can't wait to see it in person! =)

I hope you start feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Me... said...

I love the hats, I just made one the other day in case we have a little girl. Where did you find the solid colored hats? I've had a hard time with that so I was only avle to make one. The furniture is beautiful and my favorite thing is the flower balls, SO CUTE! if I have a girl in three weeks I'll have a hard time not copying your briliant ideas......love you and love your creativity!!!

A to Z said...

I loooooove the furniture you have picked out!! The room is going to look awesome! Eat that taco time up girlfriend - I'd like to think you are eating it for me as well, since we don't have one in TN!!! So hard to be pregnant and not have taco time. Enjoy it!!!!! ;)

Stefanie said...

ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see it in person! (and baby girl, of course!)