13 March 2013

Just another day in paradise...

Our luggage arrived!! I spent the morning lounging by the pool in my Walmart pj pants and my black two day old nursing tank, it was super classy :) And, although I like to think I don't care what people think, I found myself not so subtly bringing up the fact that I couldn't wait for our luggage to arrive quite frequently, just loud enough for those around me to here. I'm sure they could care less, but anyway...
Georgiana fed Koi fish and played like crazy in the pool. Kelly was a true sport and swam in his basketball shorts and had a ball with Georgie! After my suit came I did a quick change and Levi and I walked around in the pool, he fell asleep in my arms, and Kelly and I agreed that the two hours of splashing around with our little ones were the best 2 hours we had ever had in Hawaii!
We felt truly spoiled and it was kind of the best morning to afternoon ever, which is quite the statement I know!
We barbecued chicken & apple sausages by the pool, snacked on hummus and carrots, fresh fruit, tortilla flax seed chips and some super tasty salsa. Levi was so stinkin' cute with his board shorts, rash guard, sun hat and shades, adorable. Oh, and we found out pacifiers float and the large Aden & Anais swaddle blankets make a great substitute for a sarong.
After lunch we napped! Georgiana is not normally a napper anymore, but the sun and splashing made her need some rest, or so we thought...
After nap time, she woke up kind of winy, complained of aches and was just out of sorts. Our plan was to check out a beach a few minutes away, but little Georgiana Lee did not seem up for it, which a two year old can make quite clear in the most enjoyable ways.
We convinced her to go to the pool, torture I know :) She refused to swim with me, only daddy (apparently he made a better garbage truck, more on that in a sec), she slowly warmed up to swimming again (a little), but mostly sat on the steps until her teeth started to chatter. We decided maybe it was time to bbq our steaks. I should add, Levi napping on me while I laid by the pool was pretty much amazing and Georgiana using her sand pail to scoop up pretend garbage in the pool while Kelly carried her around was so cute, she was impersonating our garbage men, daddy was the truck.
We sat down for dinner and Georgiana said her tummy ached and she refused to eat, which is the most ginormous sign that she is not feeling well, because normally she and I eat about the same, and I eat a lot. Yet, mommy and daddy did not pick up on it!!
We decided to stay in for the evening, gave the kids their first bath together, so fun and sweet and then they were out, so quick and easy!
Kelly and I used our 'green voucher' a $10 voucher they gave us for passing up our house keeping service that day, to go towards our dessert. Chocolate macadamia nut fudge brownie with banana fudge  ice cream and a slice of white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh fruit. It was as good as it sounds. Levi woke up and I held him as we finished our dessert and watched Storage Wars, I hadn't seen that show since we were in Maui last, must be a Hawaii tradition.
Then we heard a strange sound coming from the bedroom. Kelly went in to check on Georgie girl and immediately yelled for me. I ran in with Levi to see my little sweet girl COVERED in vomit from head to toe!! POOR BABY GIRL!! Oh my word, it was everywhere, literally covering the majority of the king size bed. We put Levi in his crib, he slept through the entire event. I took Georgiana in the shower with me, tried to get the chunks out, she was so upset and so done with the whole thing, I didn't do the best job getting the smell out, I know that now as she snuggles close to me while I type this.
We had to call house keeping, they changed all 10 layers of the Westin Heavenly Bed and informed us that they "replenished" our pillows too. So much for being green...
We are heading to the sunny side of the island today and I am hoping that is true in every meaning!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Oh no!!! I hope she's feeling better now! You poor things...