31 January 2014

Actually written a week ago Thursday AM

I wrote this over a week ago, and I just have to laugh because while I typed I felt SO overwhelmed. Little did I know, it was only the tip of the iceberg...
In my blog experience, I typically have 3 different types of posts.
1. The Scrapbook Post. Like the Christmas post I will still do (someday!), these posts are because this is my online scrapbook, my little spot to put down my memories.
2. Blog-ish Posts. Like hey try this recipe, or have you heard about...
3. Journal Style Posts. AKA brain dumps, clear my head, blah blah blah.
This is the third, mixed in with a plethora of phone pics.
***
For the past 3 weeks we have been to the pediatrician's office at least once a week. Praise the Lord, Georgiana is fully recovered, but my little Levi is still in the hold me all the time, I will scream and cry if you set me down phase. So much so, that I honestly considered recording him while I try to sneak away to go potty. His tears are adorably pathetic and thankfully usually resolved as soon as I scoop him up. This makes life extremely challenging. My house looks like a bomb went off, or that we have been ransacked. I am not exaggerating, it is bad. In the midst of Levi's 103.3 fever, I thought it a brilliant idea to move his room to what was quickly becoming a catch all room. I thought it best to move his room and then change his room into a play space for upstairs, clear toys out of the kids' rooms, and give that set up a try. Why, seriously why in the world did I think this was good timing!?! Now all of the junk that was accumulating in what is now Levi's room, has found it's home in mine and Kelly's bedroom. Classy. Maybe I should have found a bookshelf for the landing area before I decided to use our current bookshelves for toy storage. I am amazed at how many books can fit onto a bookshelf, stacks and stacks and stacks.
Then, yesterday morning while Kelly was fixing his breakfast he stepped in a rather large puddle. He usually moves around in the dark in the mornings, so until getting a soggy sock he didn't notice that the faucet leaked all night, all over our floors. Our hardwood floors are ruined and we are now dealing with a giant insurance mess. Let's just say we recommend spending a little more each month and having a local agency, we learned this lesson with our cars and have been happy with our in town office, why did we not apply this lesson to our home!?! Costco, your prices are too enticing at times, but now we are paying for it. Lord willing it will all get settled in a timely manner. Yesterday's "professional" was using all sorts of lovely mold setting in scary words. Just what we had in mind to deal with. Cest la vie.
On top of leaks and fevers and relocating Levi's room, I am supposed to be preparing for my first ever stand up comedy set. Thankfully it is only supposed to be 15 minutes long, but I still wish I had more time to pour into it. I am spoiled to have some super talented comedian friends who have lent me support and tips, kind words from a friend or just knowing they are available was the perfect recipe for my nerves. I've been on stage a bazillion times, but this is definitely a new avenue for me, totally out of my comfort zone and for the first time ever, my stomach has turned and given me a preview of what stage fright may feel like. I promise to be much more sympathetic to anyone with stage fright!
I'm going to be helping out at booth at the Tacoma Home Show this weekend. So, somehow before then I am going to have to figure out how to get my house in order and do some prep for the standup. I'm writing this down because I am OVERWHELMED. Self induced. I recently had a friend tell me  she is"100% content and fulfilled being a stay at home mom." I've felt guilty that I want to do more or have more on my plate. Not because I have extra energy, just because I craved another outlet, maybe creative or career or something. Oh Nicole... Be careful what you wish for. Right now, I wish all I was juggling was my babies and my home. That is MORE than enough to keep me busy. But this too shall pass, another friend has said while feeling burdened by tasks we've assigned to ourselves "this will all be worth it if we just get through it."
So, in the end, nothing major, just life.  



















No comments: