03 October 2014

Fall

I purchased a pumpkin cheesecake soy candle from Target this week, so it is officially Fall at the Smith house. If you need a little coziness to your home, I guarantee this candle will do the trick, we are all in love with it. I've been missing the smell since last year. Fall scents are by far my favorite!
In addition to the candle, the return of school has most definitely marked the season. My little Georgiana Lee started Pre-Kindergarten. She absolutely loves it, and my heart just aches. I do not feel at all ready to have her gone as much as she is, and it just makes me anxious about kindergarten. Whatever happened to part-time kindergarten!?! I feel yucky at the thought of her being gone that long. Little Levi already asks about her at least a dozen times while she is gone, and nearly every day he points at her car seat and says "Mommy, Georgie, Georgie!!" when we are loading up after dropping her off. Poor little guy is just convinced that we forgot her. Breaks my heart. 
Anyway, I totally sound like a Debbie Downer, so how about a cute pic:
 I lightened up this year, Miss Georgiana Lee got to pick out her outfit from head to toe and direct mommy on how to do her hair. "An Elsa braid please," I did my best. We have an arrangement that seems to be working out quite well; I get to do her hair on school days and she gets to style her hair on non-school days. She is very technical, so I say "style" because that means that mommy gets to at least brush it out, she is blessed with epic morning hair. And, I say school days because thankfully she is okay with me also doing her hair for Sunday School. She will do well on the debate team, she doesn't miss a thing.
 Reunited with school buddies!
 The first day of school also marked her first day back to ballet/tap class.
She was pretty pumped!
 This next one is blurry, but I love it all the same. 
She takes it very seriously, precious little ballerina.
 Georgie girl was under the impression that we should take a picture every day before school, ha ha :)
 I had to sneak a Levi pic in, he's not so much a fan of early morning pictures, but he had a character shirt on this day so he was in a good mood, ha!
 And shorts, the little man loves shorts and a Thomas book for the car ride. 
 Another before school pic. 
While uploading these pictures, I noticed that Georgiana often tilts her head to the right for a picture. 
I noticed the same thing in my pictures, ha ha. 
Georgiana and Levi do not get to watch much tv, but Georgiana has continued to enjoy an episode of 19 Kids and Counting while brother is napping. She likes to watch "The Duggars," as she calls it. We often play the Duggars, which just basically means I am called some sort of 'J' name. Here she is playing Duggars.
 Let me zoom in so you can take a better look.
Can you guess what season we were watching?
If you guessed the season when little Josie was on oxygen, you would be correct. Yes, Georgiana's dolly is on oxygen and that would be Jennifer next to her. 
 I am not kidding when I say this little man gets happy with a character shirt. 
This particular night he picked this out for bedtime because sister's pjs had Minnie Mouse on them, his bear and moose were simply not going to do!
 He loves to make us laugh. Here he is with a pacifier and floss pick, he thinks it is hilarious. His giggle is contagious, which I love!
 He's showing me some of his muscles!
 That would be a baseball tee with a rubber basketball being hit by a golf club. 
He's a jack of all trades I tell you!
 It was a mostly beautiful September, I tried hard to get us outside as much as possible. I know the long grey days are on their way, ughh. 
I love this picture of these two cuties. 
 Georgiana's face says it all.
This would be toilet number two or three. 
The first new one ended up being an obviously used one, gross.
The second new one had wax ring issues.
Third one had greater wax ring issues.
Did you know wax ring issues equal water leakage?
Did you know water leakage equals damaged floors?
Thankfully, I know a guy who can replace them.
The to do list never stops.
And, it turns out with the thickness of our floors we need an extra thick wax ring. Oh the joys of DIY, but at least the problem is solved! 
If you are curious, no we do not have a finished downstairs bathroom yet. 
But, it is in the works!
 One of my favorite things is walking in on a scene like this:
 My little Levi.
Remember how I mentioned how he loves wearing character shirts? Well, it appears the compromise for wearing a non character shirt (aka the most adorable button up shirt ever with corduroy elbow patches), is not wearing pants. No pants. All day. 
And yes, he still only wears crocs. 
 We noticed that Levi only had pink and princess options for his beverages. 
So, we took a little trip to Target.
He was thrilled!
Peek a...
 Boo!
 Georgiana suggested we take our picture because our hair was styled the same.
She's a little girl, not a baby or even a toddler, a full on little girl.
 A little girl who loves petting goats!
Levi is equally as passionate about petting goats. Every goat he encounters he walks to look at them face to face and says "hello goat," it is adorable every single time. 
This summer, we pet goats at Disneyland, the San Diego Zoo and here we are at the Puyallup Fair. Hands down without hesitation Disneyland is the cleanest place to pet a goat, or any animal for that matter. It's like it doesn't even smell. Pee hits the ground, magic dust is instantly put on it and then it is swept away. Surprisingly the zoo came in dead last for cleanliness. Perhaps we were there on an off day, but it was like walking around inside a giant litter box, nasty.
 Levi calls his pacifier an "appy," he was saying "two appies" and laughing so hard!
 He takes a long time to wake up (like his daddy), I'm pretty sure this was a weekend morning, he's much happier not being rushed!
 Superstar day!
She chose to bring her fish for her show and tell. After I cleared that with her teacher, I thought to myself how in the world am I going to carry the snack, a fish bowl and a wild monkey (aka little Levi)!?! Well, I had a sturdy box from a recent Costco trip and I loaded Mickey Mouse Fish and the snack up and had a free hand for my little Levi. Easy enough. Sure, it was going fine, Levi was not running around too crazy, he saved that for the pick up time, thankfully a friend saw me struggling and helped with Mickey, but anyway… I just thought it was a little funny how many mom's were saying "oooohh what did you make for snack?" Or "mmmmm yummy snack time!" I was so tired and focused on trying to get all of us to the classroom alive, that I didn't even catch on. It was only when after parading around the school and setting the box down on the teachers desk area, did I notice that the box was working so well because it was a sturdy liquor box. Pictures of giant margaritas for all to see. The snack jokes all made sense. Lovely.
Did I mention that on the way to pick Georgiana up that day, I was pulled over for speeding? The first time I have ever been pulled over for speeding! That was of course after Levi climbed out of the cart at Target, only to throw a colossal fit and go limp noodle and draw a bit of attention to us. That was of course just after he opened the bathroom stall for all to see mommy at Marshalls. It's hard to chase after a little guy mid wipe. Graphic, TMI, but very true. Praise the Lord he didn't get far!!
He also chose to only wear pjs that day. Still, he probably looked better than his mommy who was wearing an old maternity shirt and jeans that I should have taken back to the seamstress. I am fairly certain I didn't request one high water ankle and one standard hem. But, when those are the only clean pants that fit, well you do what you gotta do. 
Needless to say, Georgiana was the superstar that day, not mommy.
Last weekend, the kids and I headed to a new community with my aunt Michelle and Grandma for their Fall festival. They had horse drawn hay rides, booths, free tasty food trucks and other activities. 
Levi had no interest going on the hay ride. He did however request that I follow the horse around. Which I did. He and I strolled along until the horses took off out of the neighborhood onto a trail. 
So, we walked around and ran into the Seahawk mascot!
Levi was less than thrilled. 
Poor little guy, this post is making his personality sound really high maintenance. He really is quite chill, he's just a little quirky and very very passionate :) He throws fits like they are out of a movie, I never knew children really did that. But, he will also sit contently on my lap for a 3 hour plus dance recital and he is happy to cuddle and read books or build a train. He's a boy all his own!

 When the hay ride was over, Georgiana was thrilled to meet him!
 And now, something I most definitely didn't picture myself doing, posting pics of our unfinished projects. My friend Christy asked me to text her a picture of our kitchen, she knew it wasn't going to be finished and she said no need to clean up. So, I decided why not share the pictures with my blog. 
We have cabinet trim, lots of painting, shelves and a few other bits and pieces to do, but if you are a curious one like myself, you will enjoy the progress pictures.
Hands down my favorite thing is my gigantic single bowl sink. It is huge and I love it. We painted the cabinets, took down a cabinet, changed the back splash, changed the pendant lights to semi-flush lights, chopped down the raised counter on the peninsula, went with quartz counter tops, put bronze gold splurge Pottery Barn cabinet hardware on the cabinets, painted the kitchen buffet and replaced all of the floors. If you can't remember what the before was like, it was all maple. Maple cabinets, maple floors, tan ceramic tile back splash and matching counter tops with a white ceramic sink and low hanging pendant lights. I am sure I have before pics somewhere, but here you go with the close to completed after pics:



 Sunday school at home :)
Georgiana and I did a little project about creation. She asked me how/why God made light on day one but didn't make the sun until day 4? Great question! She'll be asking a couple people at church on Sunday, I love how her mind is thinking. 
 The boys made a little detour at Legendary Doughnuts before coming home from church. 
If you become accustomed to eating Legendary doughnuts, you find yourself wanting to eat two or three grocery store doughnuts at one sitting, Legendary doughnuts are insanely huge!! 
 He was so happy with his football doughnut!
 Georgiana said "It's a doughnut beard! Mom, this is so funny you have to text it to grandpa!" Ha ha, she loves to send her grandpa funny pictures :)
 This morning.
These moments make my heart full. 
Holding hands.
My prayer is that they will be true best friends.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great blog-- so cute!!